Richard E. Artell, Esq. | Managing Attorney
Rich, managing attorney of Artell Law Group, holds over 15 years of business and tax law experience. Formerly a partner and the chair person of the tax department at a well-respected, large, regional law firm, Rich withdrew from his position in order to pursue his dream of building a law firm, from scratch, on standards oriented to his clients' needs. Rich is an entrepreneur who owns substantial equity interests in two other businesses in addition to the Artell Law Group, and it is this entrepreneurial spirit that drives him to build the Artell Law Group differently than other law firms.
Rich is very grateful to be able to work closely with numerous dynamic business owners and management personnel. Rich believes that his time is best spent understanding his clients' businesses to make him a better business and tax lawyer for his clients as well as a better businessman for his own purposes.
- Business Planning & Transactions
- Pennsylvania Tax Planning & Appeals
- Federal Tax Planning & Appeals
- Business Incentives
- Real Estate
- Estate & Succession Planning
- Dauphin County Bar Association: Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association: Tax Subcommittee Member
- Artell Law Group, LLC: Managing Member, 2009 to Present
- Rhoads & Sinon, LLP: Associate, 1997 to 2007; Partner, 2007 to 2009
- Buchanan Ingersoll, PC, Harrisburg, PA: Associate, 1995 to 1997
- Coopers & Lybrand, Harrisburg, PA: Tax Associate, 1993 to 1995
- Georgetown School of Law; LLM in Taxation, 1995 (Graduate with Distinction)
- Widener University School of Law; J.D., 1993 (Outstanding Service Award)
- Lebanon Valley College; B.S. in Finance, 1989
Speaking Engagements & Articles
Rich has spoken at various seminars for the Dauphin County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the National Business Institute. He co-authored the article "Giving Employees A Piece of the Pie (Without Giving Away the Bakery)" and has been quoted in various newspaper sources regarding Pennsylvania-specific tax issues.