Wills, Trusts and Succession Planning
When businesses become highly successful, planning for the succession of the business becomes critical to its survival. Without properly drafted agreements, some entities will cease to exist upon the death or disability of a managing partner. Business officers and owners also should be concerned with wealth transmission and estate planning strategies for the benefit of their families. We eagerly work with insurance agents, financial planners, financial institution trust departments, and accountants to ensure everyone works as a team to protect your family's interests.
Artell Law Group assists its clients in these areas through the following services:
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns
- Trust accounting and fiduciary income tax matters
- Business reorganizations for estate planning purposes
- Succession planning for family limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Preparation of wills, living wills, trusts, and powers of attorney
- Gift planning
- Generation-skipping tax planning
- Trust planning for children, charities, and pets
- Retirement account withdrawal and distribution planning
- Marital agreements
- Estate administration
We handle the vast majority of estate planning issues for our clients in house, but there may be occasions where the client's needs require complex trust planning. In those instances, we always strive to do what is best for our clients and may bring in the assistance of special counsel. When those occasions arise, we will oversee the special counsel's handling of the complex trust matter free of charge.